Oct 29, 2007

MICROFINANCE : "A STEP TOWARDS MASSES....."

Switch on your TV and watch any business channel Or even turn the pages of any business magazine /newspaper. It makes you feel Wow !! Economy is doing great !!
- Stock markets booming to 19k level
- Inflation under control.
- Huge FDI inflow
- Foreign reserves at comfort levels
- Indian Companies doing overseas acquisitions
- Number of CEO taking more than crore of salary have doubled
- Number of billionaire from India are growing at rapid pace... So on.

Take a drive 30 km away from city you live in and you will see REAL INDIA. People still struggling to for basic need : ROTI, KAPDA aur MAKAN. 98% of India's population does not participate in the equity markets

The India shining appears to be poverty elimination program for higher middle class and rich class. Nothing concrete seems to be coming in for masses.

India doesn’t need mass production. We need production by MASS. Our population a strenght and not a weakness. All we need is generation of employment. Entrepreneurs will play a key role. Smart brains from IIT/IIM should look possible career option in driving various government initiatives. We need people like Nachiket Mor (ICICI) who dare to take up the jobs which have less glamour . Education Minister should spend less time on “ quota system”. We should make it mandatory for all the management / engineering graduate to do a one year assignment in rural India as a part of curriculum ( Similar to the medical ) .

We need to act quickly to spread the benefits of India shining to mass. The disparity in income levels will generate problems of plenty

Am I sounding like a politician??? No Blame Game . These are thoughts .

I want to be a part of of solutions and hence I have made a small beginning to support those who are fighting a losing battle.

I have set aside small kitty of Rs. 5000 ( pls don’t laugh ) this Diwali for initiating much talked about “ MICRO FINANCE “. This is to support my car cleaner, maid servant , Milk Man. I don’t expect them to payback but my KYC say they will. I plan to give this good news to them along with Oct end salary . This thought itself is giving me a great feeling .

Do join me or atleast share any such thought that I can implement to better the life of masses

1 comment:

Jyothi G said...

Dear Mr. Vikas

You are doing a great job. small drops make a big ocean. I came across you profile on linked in when i just visited your blog. My hubby & me also have thought of a small contribution in this direction. We are trying to find a student in the UG course who are not able to complete graduation just because he/she is not able to afford the fees. We will finance one year fees for this student. Next year if we are in a position to afford, we will do it again. I know its a small contribution, but the feeling is great. :-)

Regards
Jyothi